Manasquan Savings Bank
Manasquan Savings Bank
85 Bridge Avenue
Bay Head, New Jersey 08742
Tel: (732) 899-2086
Manasquan Savings Bank has been serving the needs of businesses and consumers in Monmouth and Ocean counties since 1874. We are looking forward to serving your needs as your Hometown Community Bank. We will continue to provide the services and funds to help people and businesses reach their financial goals.
History of Manasquan Savings Bank
May 5, 2008- The bank opened its eighth full service office and administrative offices located on Landmark Place at Route 34 in Wall Township.
October 15, 2007- The bank opened its seventh office located at Route 88 and Herbertsville Road in Point Pleasant.
November 1, 2002- The bank opened its sixth office located at 167 Newtons Corner and Ramtown-Greenville Roads in the Ramtown section of Howell Township.
September 16, 2002- A fifth office was opened at 305 Highway 71, Spring Lake Heights.
July 19, 2002- A fourth office was opened at 24 Princeton Avenue, Brick Township.
July 1, 2001- The banks web site became transactional with Online Bill Payment option and we began accepting loan applications online.
March 1998- The bank established an informational Web site at www.manasquanbank.com.
March 23, 1997-The bank completed the renovation of its Manasquan office. The renovation included a vault with the bank's first set of safe deposit boxes, a new teller counter, a traditional banking platform and a rear entrance.
October 1997- The bank re-organized into a mutual holding company. Since no stock was sold to the public, the depositors still have an ownership interest in the mutual holding company.
June 29, 1992- The Association was re-organized as a New Jersey state charter savings bank and became Manasquan Savings Bank.
March 1990- We opened our first Automatic Teller Machine (ATM) in the vestibule of the Manasquan Office drive in facility.
August 31, 1979- Our drive-in facility opened on Abe Voorhees Drive in Manasquan.
August 1979- The Association acquired the Bay Head Savings & Loan, establishing our first Ocean County office. During October 1993 we moved to our current location at 85 Bridge Avenue.
March 1974- We completed our first century of continuous service in Monmouth & Ocean Counties.
May 7, 1969- The Wall Township office became the legal principal office, the Manasquan office.
September 19, 1959- Our office at Meetinghouse Road and Route 35, Wall Township opened. In 1970 the first addition was added and the Bank's loan department moved from the Manasquan office to Wall Township. In January 1991 the bank added its third addition, expanding the loan department and moving the accounting department from the Manasquan office to Wall Township.
July 7, 1950- The Association received its Certificate of Insurance from the Federal Savings & Loan Insurance Corporation. In 1989 we became insured by the FDIC SAIF Fund, providing protection to each depositor up to the maximum provided by law.
June 6, 1950- The name was changed to Manasquan Savings & Loan Association.
June 12, 1936- The Association built its first permanent quarters at 185 Main Street, Manasquan.
1932- The Association acquired property located at 185 Main Street upon which a house was being utilized as a restaurant.
1923- The Association moved to the Tassini Building on Main Street, Manasquan, then to the new Tassini Building at 129 Main Street and remained there until 1936.
February 10, 1910- The Association re-incorporated, changing the name to Manasquan Building & Loan Association.
March 21, 1874- Incorporated and chartered by the State of New Jersey as the Squan Village Building & Loan Association. The Association was located in the Borden building in Manasquan until 1922.
Â©2009 Manasquan Savings Bank